Work Life Balance
The demands of work have the potential to spill over and affect personal and home life and so put a strain on relationships outside work, for example:
- Long hours
- Being expected to or having to work additional hours at home to the detriment of personal, partner and family relationships over-demanding and inflexible work schedules,
- Unsocial hours
- Excessive travel time
- Work interfering with home/personal life
Fact vs Feeling
Knowing the difference between the feeling and the situation
Your mindset determines what you believe
- A perception bias is a psychological tendency to lose objectivity in perception of people and situations.
- People may believe they are able to evaluate an event fairly and accurately, including making judgments about situations, but a number of biases interact with the way they perceive events.
- One classic example comes up in eyewitness testimony, which is notoriously unreliable because of perception biases that can affect the way people remember and talk about the crimes they witness.
- Conflict occurs when we think that our view is correct and others are wrong!
- We respond to conflicts based on our perceptions of the situation, not necessarily to an objective review of the facts. Our perceptions are influenced by our life experiences, culture, values, and beliefs.
The ability to successfully resolve conflict depends on your ability to:
- Manage stress quickly while remaining alert and calm. By staying calm, you can accurately read and interpret verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Control your emotions and behaviour.When you’re in control of your emotions, you can communicate your needs without threatening, frightening, or punishing others.
- Pay attention to the feelings being expressedas well as the spoken words of others.
- Be aware of and respectful of differences.By avoiding disrespectful words and actions, you can almost always resolve a problem faster.
If you are experiencing any of these feeling or think that things are just getting too much to deal with, please fill out the form below. We would love to help and highlight that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and steps we can all learn to help get us through.